Sunday, September 23, 2007

What a Trip!!





Wow! Where do I start! My dad and I and three other planes were going to Canada to go fishing this weekend. We left Friday morning and ran into some weather so we all landed in Bemdji. Once the weather cleared we all got in the planes to take off. One of the planes was still on the water waiting to take off and a gust of wind came and flipped his plane over!!! It was so scary. My dad and I were the 1st to get to him. Denny the guy whose plane flipped was already out of the plane and got on our floats and we brought him to shore. He is fine !!!The cops were there right away. We were on the front page of the newspaper and my friend Genevieve was on the news! It took a long time and many attempts to try to flip the plane over because it was full of water but they finally got it up and to shore. We spent the night in a hotel and in the morning they took the wings off the plane so they could transfer it to Fergus. Then the rest of us flew back to Fergus. Here are some pics of the whole incident!!!

2 comments:

Brooke said...

I'm so glad to hear that everyone is okay! How scary! I'm glad you all made it safely home!

Tim and Jenny said...

That's crazy! What an experience! Glad to hear your home though. Hopefully you'll have another chance to go again soon!