Sunday, June 7, 2009

It's happened

I new this day would happen... I had been fearing it for along time... We were in Target yesterday and Ben took Ava to the bathroom. I proceeded to the ck out line and as I was about to call Ben to let him know where I was he called me and said "I can't find Ava" I then said .. "Are you kidding me!" he said "I wouldn't kid about that". I then walked as fast as possible to where Ben was and he said she walked into the women clothes and now he couldn't find her. I started yelling for her to wich there was no answer. I started running up and down the rows and no sign of her. I ran up to a target lady and interupted her helping someone else. She talked on her walkie -talkie thing saying what she was wearing, her hair color and age. She had me go to the front to make sure no one would take her out of the store. I can't even tell you how many awful things were going through my head. A lady at the front was already standing there and told me to come by her. She sent another lady to go into the bathroom and ck for a little girl. After what seemed like forever!!! I heard over the walkie that they found her and she was with her dad. I then found out a target guy found her hiding in the mens jeans. So many emotions went through my body. So thankful and thanking God that nobody had taken her and angry as all get out that she did that and was acting like everything was ok. How do I explain to a 2 yr. old that what she did was wrong and have it really sink in so that it will never happen again. We had a long talk the whole way home with lots of tears..... I hope it sunk in. I am so impressed with Target and how well they managed the whole thing! There is nothing like it... that feeling in your stomache that something awful has happened to your child. I hope that now we have this out of the way.... it will never happen again

4 comments:

Brooke said...

You poor thing! My heart dropped reading your post. Argh!

I hope that the severity of it sunk in for her.

Tim and Jenny said...

SCARY! I teared up when I read it...sounds like Target did a fantastic job though...

Sara said...

I can imagine the feeling. My friend had a similar experience at Target when her girl was a toddler. Target knows how to handle these things, but hopefully never again for Ava!

Tami said...

Scary! We had that chat recently too when Josiah wanted to play hide and seek at Old Navy. Its hard because you don't want to scare them but you need them to get that its dangerous, etc.. I'm glad everything worked out quickly!!